I digress. Anyway, I got this great recipe from this fun little blog The Recipe Round Table. I LOVE it. My friend organizes it and I get access to all these great recipes. It's open to everyone, so ENJOY!!
Pumpkin Stew
1 10 - 12 pound pumpkin
2 lb. Beef stew meat
2 tbs. Oil
1 Bell Pepper, one-inch slices
1 Onion, sliced
4 Medium potatoes, cubed
3 Carrots, cubed
2 Cloves of Garlic, diced
2 Sticks of Celery, sliced
1 15oz. can of diced tomatoes
2-3 c Water
Salt and pepper to taste
Carve a hole in the top of the pumpkin and remove seeds and stringy insides. Set pumpkin aside. In a Dutch oven, brown 2 lbs of stew meat in oil. Add in bell pepper, onion, potatoes, carrots, garlic, celery, and tomatoes. Add salt and pepper. Add water. Let simmer for 1 hour. Place pumpkin in shallow pan, and place stew inside pumpkin. Brush the outside of the pumpkin with a light coating of oil. Bake pumpkin and stew at 350 for 2 hours, or until pumpkin is tender. Serve while hot. Be sure to get chunks of pumpkin in your stew, as they enhance the flavor of the stew.
Submitted by Sandi
1 10 - 12 pound pumpkin
2 lb. Beef stew meat
2 tbs. Oil
1 Bell Pepper, one-inch slices
1 Onion, sliced
4 Medium potatoes, cubed
3 Carrots, cubed
2 Cloves of Garlic, diced
2 Sticks of Celery, sliced
1 15oz. can of diced tomatoes
2-3 c Water
Salt and pepper to taste
Carve a hole in the top of the pumpkin and remove seeds and stringy insides. Set pumpkin aside. In a Dutch oven, brown 2 lbs of stew meat in oil. Add in bell pepper, onion, potatoes, carrots, garlic, celery, and tomatoes. Add salt and pepper. Add water. Let simmer for 1 hour. Place pumpkin in shallow pan, and place stew inside pumpkin. Brush the outside of the pumpkin with a light coating of oil. Bake pumpkin and stew at 350 for 2 hours, or until pumpkin is tender. Serve while hot. Be sure to get chunks of pumpkin in your stew, as they enhance the flavor of the stew.
Submitted by Sandi
Like I said, I had to use several pumpkins, and it worked out great. Afterward, I was thinking; if you were having a little dinner party, you could make individual pumpkins for everyone and they'd be like a soup bowl! Sorry, I didn't take any pictures, but trust me. It was beautiful and delicious! Giver her a try!
2 comments:
That is the exact same one that I used! I changed it up a bit, but that is the one. Wasn't it tasty? I loved it! Yum.
Check the blog friend...I posted family pictures just for you! :)
Similar to what I use I think...isn't it fun? You should've taken a picutre of your cute little pumpkins :)
Post a Comment