Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Mason G. turned 3

The Beloved day finally came. This, however, was from last weekend. Apparently, my kids are bored. Oh well. At least they can self-entertain....or follow each others' lead...or whatever.



Anywho..on to the birthday. Mason got up and I asked him what day it was and he said "Tuesday!" Obviously he got told his birthday was on Tuesday more than once. Although I tried to make it a day different than the rest, I'm not sure it really was. We went to Old McDonald's for lunch, which was fun. The kids were a little disappointed, they wanted chipmunks toys and they had run out. Again, oh well.
Then, we had dinner with the Grandpa's and Grandmas. Pancakes, per Mason's request. He was spoiled on Sunday at my Dad's with his first party, but he was more spoiled last night on his birthday.

My dear sister-in-law was kind enough to go to Ikea for me. Although it wasn't the track we thought it was (who in the heck is supposed to be able to read swedish!!???!! Seriously??), it turned out to be a bridge set, he loves it anyway. He doesn't even realize it doesn't go in a circle. He happily drives his trains back and forth. Perfect!!

Presents and more presents. He also got a remote control Lightening, and I admit it's pretty fun. It only goes forward and backward, but turns randomly. I like to play with it just to watch the kids run around trying to catch it! hee hee....

This is the mayhem on Sunday. Unfortunately, Jon didn't get to be there (story later) but we still had a good time and Mason was still spoiled...

He was so excited about his Steiger (tractor) and dump truck he showed me the BACKS to take a picture...that way, he could still see them!

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNND......da da da da! THE CAKE

Jon's most recent amazing creation....started out like this:


Turned into this:
a Steiger tractor pulling a hay wagon..
Seriously. I have NO IDEA how he does it.

I made the cake, but that's about the extent of my abilities. Thank goodness Jon is so talented. Mason loved it and Jon couldn't bring himself to cut it! I don't blame him one bit. It. Was. Awesome!

So, Happy Birthday, buddy! You are the best!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Again, AWESOME cake!

The Gardner's said...

Sounds like Mason made a haul and had fun! I love the cake...Gunnar wants a steiger for his next cake and now I have an idea what to do, thanks! It's crazy how fast they grow up! Happy B-day Mason!

Anna Dutson said...

That is an awesome cake. Glad he had a good birthday!

Andrea said...

Wow, that cake is absolutely amazing!

{Erica} said...

sounds like he had a great birthday!

about the ikea train...that's just an add on set which is still pretty cool. They have a track set that comes with trains and it goes in a figure 8. I think the Ikea trains are way better than Thomas :)

And...holy crap what a cool cake. Way to go Jon!!!