Tuesday, November 29, 2011

ah... new beginnings, sort of

As usual, these pics are out of order, so you'll have to try to follow me. Back in 2005, it was Brooklyn's 1 st birthday and Jon's birthday (May) and we got our first digital camera. I got it for Jon for his birthday so he wasn't really involved in the decision, but we got a cannon 3 mega pixel and thought we were all that and a bag of chips; and consequently took pictures like crazy! We loved that camera. And, 6 years later it's still running. Sort of. The battery lasts about one picture and sometimes the shutter won't go even after it focuses. So... We finally broke down and got a new camera!! HOORAY!! Maybe, now I'll actually take pictures and blog! maybe... We shall see. Here are the first pictures from the new toy. I only had a 16 mb card available and we filled it up with 5 pictures, but that's ok. It was fun to play with anyway!

Every girl needs a dump truck, right? (new camera)
Brooklyn thinks the camera is fun to play with, too. Sometimes it's, "Unfortunately, Brooklyn likes to play with the camera, too...". :) (new camera)
She likes to take pictures of whoever is nearby.... (old camera)
And a pretty sunset. We've had quite a few of these lately (old camera)
Finally, we went to visit Santa the other day for the first time (new camera). It was kind of spur-of-the-moment and Brooklyn wouldn't sit on his lap. I have no idea why she wouldn't, but when she saw Mason and Julianne's coloring books/crayons she wanted to go back. Too bad her mom is mean and makes her stick with her original decision to skip it. Sucks to be her.

So, here's to hoping that a new camera will prompt some blogging. Now, the debate is, make a case for it (to throw in my bag) or let Jon buy one?? :)

2 comments:

Anna Dutson said...

You sound like me, I would have done the same thing (Santa situation.)

I love how thrilled Jon looks in that picture.

Can't believe how much your kids have grown since I last saw them!

Sarah said...

Hooray for a new camera! Also, love that you stuck to your guns in the Santa situation. I can remember doing things like that as a kid and the intense pangs of regret. Isn't that so funny? I'm sure she'll remember for next time :)