...or two it has been. I'm not one to really be vocally dependant. I like to (or pretend to) be able to do things on my own. However, I realize that I'm really only kidding myself. I've been having trouble
the last couple days taking care of myself. Especially when it comes to my car. Yesterday, while pulling into the lot where I've finally found some recycle bins, I turned a little too sharp and high centered my car on a snow bank. At least I think that's what happened. The driver's side tires were on flat ground, and the passenger side was...well:


I couldn't go backwards or forwards. Trust me. I tried. And tried, and tried and tried.... Finally, I got
a hold of my dear friend Erica, who I knew was heading my direction soon. She kindly brought me a shovel to dig myself out. "Happy Birthday, Erica! Come save me from myself, PLEASE!!" After we both tried digging, with no luck, someone finally pulled over to help us. He and Erica pushed and the car came right out. What a mess. The only good thing that came of it was that we got to hang out with the
Grovers,
Christiansens and
Spjuts that day. {Sigh} of frustration! This is what we left behind:

If only my story could end there...no such luck! Today, we went to the library and to the mall for our usual diversions. The parking lot at the mall was pretty much ice and slush. Safe, enough right? NOPE! I left the mall only to notice that my car was making a funny noise and pulling to the right. I pulled off the road as soon as I could and got out to inspect the problem. I thought maybe I'd left the back open or something. Again....no such luck! I had a FLAT TIRE! Actually, it wasn't quite flat yet. As I crouched down to attempt the jack, I could hear the air hissing out. I looked over and this is what I discovered:


Joy, eh? I was very uncertain about the jack so I kept re-adjusting. Luckily some VERY kind heater-fix-it guys pulled over and changed my tire for me. I drove home looking lovely like this:

To my relief, Jon was home when I got there (he never comes home at this time on Wednesdays!). So I could go get the tire fixed right then. Still, I have no luck. The hole was too big to repair and the tire store didn't have the tire I needed. So...wait for a new tire, or buy two new ones.
Grr. Needless to say: we'll be staying home as much as possible for the next few days as we wait for the special ordered tire to come in. So, I've decided I have the worst luck in the world with tires. This is a story that I'll save for another time. May my car troubles continue to be fairly shallow and if I'm really lucky (
haha) cease!
12 comments:
Car problems are the worst!!! They always seem to happen at the most inoppprtune times. What pain. I hope you can survive without going out too much!
oh i'm sorry about the tires, you can borrow my van or we can all go together if you want to go anywhere - did you even get to enjoy michaels or just get bad news?!
Oh no! That stinks!
Blasted car tires!! I also don't have very good luck with tires. I think in one year I had 2 tires blow out while I was driving on the interstate. Not fun and it is super frustrating when they don't have your tire, not to mention, tires aren't cheap!! I feel your pain. Hopefully the rest of your week will be better.
Car problems are the worst! I'm sorry! Ben and I are around, maybe we could get together tomorrow or on Friday. Let me know.
Nothing like a good ol' car problem to ruin your day!
oh my goodness! what matters is that you guys are ok right? sorry for your troubles and i'll pray that you have better days to come! :)
Well at least from your bad luck we got a funny story! That is a funny little tire on your car!
What is that in your tire? I hate car problems, I am so sorry.
I have my van too if you need it. I am usually home all day.
Ug. Thank goodness for kind helpers who came along and were willing to help.
Poor thing!!!! I hope your luck with tires gets better. By the way, you've been tagged!!! :)
That is horrible! I hate when one thing goes wrong and then everything keeps going wrong! Hopefully this week is much better for you!
Post a Comment