Monday, March 31, 2008

HOLY COW!

Forgive me if this post ends up being in ALL CAPS! I can hardly contain my excitement, but I am doing my absolute best...
Should I tell the story, or just the ending....???? Ok, I'm no good at just the ending so: I'm not a winner. I mean, I enter contests all the time and never win. I know everyone says that, and somebody has to win, but honestly it is never me. While working at Archiver's as a Christmas bonus, we were given subscriptions to some magazines (which I totally miss, btw). I absolutely love browsing these magazines and would enter all the contests; hoping to one day win some stickers, or a paper trimmer. I was never expecting anything huge. Just wishing for things I couldn't constitute buying. I know I already have TON of stuff, but who could ever turn down more? Anyway, much to my SHOCK a couple weeks back, I received an email from Simple Scrapbooks Magazine that I HAD WON! Not only did I WIN, but I WON something HUGE! No, not stickers, or a trimmer, or even a pen set.... I WON A QUICKUTZ SILHOUETTE DIGITAL CRAFT CUTTER! All I had to do, according to the blissful email, was to sign and return an affidavit, proving that I lived where I said I did, and giving them permission to publish my name. That's all!! I was so excited, I couldn't help telling SOMEBODY, so I told a few people and then in fear of it being a hoax, didn't tell more. WELL, THE DAY HAS COME TO SPREAD THE WORD! My NEW Quickutz arrived today and I CANNOT WAIT to use it! I have laundry?? Oh well, it can wait!

So, I'm off. I'm off to play with my new toy and hopefully "fix" some of my struggling beginner scrap pages. I'm off to make sure I'm not dreaming. Holy Cow! It's a good thing my kid is asleep, or I may scream from excitement! As Luigi says, " I must scream it to the world, my excitement from the top of someplace very high. Do you know many Ferraris? " (from Cars)! Ok, I feel better :) (although I can't promise I won't stop smiling!) Feel free to google my new fun toy and see all the fun things it can do. I'll let you know what they are when I figure it out :) Anyone want to come scrap with me???

12 comments:

Crystal said...

I think you should official hold scrapbook parties at your house, so we can all come enjoy your new toy. Enjoy and congrats!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Dang! That is better than a year supply of magazines!

{Erica} said...

that's awesome that you won...however, what did you win? I have NO idea what that is, but it sounds totally cool!

ps now you can't say you never win :)

allison said...

that is awesome! you will have to take a picture outside of the box, because I am not sure what it is either. Congratulations!

Debbi said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH! I can't wait to come over and play and scrapbook with it! So sad you left though, maybe you are heading to Archivers to get lots of fun new supplies to play with! :) totally jealous of lucky you!

Melissa said...

CONGRATS!! I wish I lived closer! When you come back to the promised land we will have to have a scrapbook party!

Christi said...

So jealous! CONGRATULATIONS!!! That will be so much fun. Now if when you move it's to some where you don't know anyone, you can just stay in and scrapbook away! I'm so excited for you!

Shelly said...

CONGRATS TO YOU!!! I am way jealous, (I too never win anything) That is so awesome! What a fun new toy, too bad you live so far away I won't be joining your scrapbook parties! HAVE FUN!!!

Crystal said...

We don't really have our sale at any specific time during the summer. We do it at Clint's grandma's house in Ankeny, so it just gets done when she has the time to get the garage cleaned out and everything ready. I will let you know and if you have some stuff you want to bring up to sell you can.

The Perry Family said...

i'm very happy for you, although i have no idea what that is! haha it is nice to see that someone wins something as i too never win ANYTHING! haha

Kim said...

Wow, that is huge. I'm so excited for you! Have fun with it!!

mary said...

NO WAY! You're one of those people who actually WIN things!