Friday, April 10, 2009

IT'S A GIRL!

Okay, my name is Jon, and this is my first blogging attempt. Anne-Marie, as you can well imagine, is not in a position to blog right now, so she asked me to fill in for her for purposes of this post.


WE HAVE A NEW BABY GIRL!! Yeah, it's that exciting. Baby Hibshman--for those of you who know Anne-Marie and me, the current given name should come as no surprise--was born at 2:04 p.m. this afternoon. She came in at 6 pounds 13 ounces and is 19 inches long. (Other vitals can be provided upon request for those of you DMU and OSU students who may care about such things.) She has . . . a full head of . . . not red . . . , but brown hair. Surprise! Kind of, but not really. (We never expected all of them to have red hair.) Other than that, not much to report. Anne-Marie and the baby are doing well, Brooklyn is THRILLED to have a new baby sister, and Mason has no clue how much his life is about to change (although he still thinks it's kind of cool--for now). As for me, I'm just happy that she's here and that she and Anne-Marie are healthy.

Well, this concludes my services for the night. I guarantee that more pictures are to come. We just have to get Anne-Marie up and blogging again.

13 comments:

adrienne said...

Congratulations!! Babies are such a wonderful blessing. I think it's kind of fun you waited to see what you were having. I'm thinking we might do that next time since we already have a boy and a girl. Jeff's not convinced so we'll see. :)

Kim said...

Congratulations! She is so cute and precious. Can't wait to see more pictures soon.

Julie said...

Congrats! Glad to hear everyone is doing well!

Anna Dutson said...

How cute! I have to say that she looks a lot different than your other two did when they were born! Brown hair huh? How about that? What a beautiful babe! Can't wait to hear what the name will be.

Colleen said...

She's darling! I love the name ;-)
I'm happy that everything went well. Can't wait to meet her.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for all of you!!! She looks like Mason did when he was born. She is a cutie!! I can't wait to see what name you guys come up with. Congrats and I am so glad that she and Anne-Marie are doing well. Take care!!

Dana

Dominoe said...

Congrats you guys! Glad momma and baby are doing well. Can't wait to see more pictures and find out the name. :)

Sarah C said...

Congratulations! I am really happy for you!

Debbi said...

YAY! congratulations again, really, that hair is great! I love that it's brown, and I can't wait to send a package now that we know it's a girly-whirly! I bet Brooklyn is so excited, Gage and Noah were excited, Noah said that Mason has a baby sister like him now! I can't wait to hear the name too!

{Erica} said...

AWESOME! Awesome of course for your beautiful little girl and but also awesome that Jon blogged. gold star for you Jon :)

Haylee Mollerup said...

CONGRATULATIONS Jon and Anne-Marie! Julianne.....it's ADORABLE! I'm so excited for you and your growing family! You can see by the pictures how excited Brooklyn is for a little sister! Congrats!

(Sorry it's a late congrats.....we were flooded out of our apartment and we're staying in a vacant one right now. Therefore, no internet connection. Great huh!)

GOOD LUCK in the next few weeks and months adjusting to three little ones!!!

Karen said...

Congratulations you guys! Our little boy arrived not too long after 12:40 am on April 11th! Hope you are feeling/sleeping well Anne-Marie! I love the name, it's absolutely gorgeous!

Laken said...

YAY! Such a cutie! :)