Ah....Ding Dongs....My favorite Hostess snacks. Of course, the cupcakes come in a close second and the Twinkies a smooth third. But, Ding Dongs are the bomb above them all. We couldn't stop talking about them recently and so I absolutely had to buy some. And I wasn't disappointed for sure! Their smooth chocolate frosted, chocolate caked, cream filled goodness fulfilled my every memory! They were even wrapped in aluminum foil just like I remember! How could it get any better?? We always had these babies around when growing up. My mom would hit the day-old hostess store for our bread and pick up a box or two of snack cakes for the farmers and others to snack on. Heaven! Ah...the memories
Ramblings, Emotions, Stories, and Desires of a Mom, a Wife, a Sister, and a Friend
Thursday, January 15, 2009
a little love
Ah....Ding Dongs....My favorite Hostess snacks. Of course, the cupcakes come in a close second and the Twinkies a smooth third. But, Ding Dongs are the bomb above them all. We couldn't stop talking about them recently and so I absolutely had to buy some. And I wasn't disappointed for sure! Their smooth chocolate frosted, chocolate caked, cream filled goodness fulfilled my every memory! They were even wrapped in aluminum foil just like I remember! How could it get any better?? We always had these babies around when growing up. My mom would hit the day-old hostess store for our bread and pick up a box or two of snack cakes for the farmers and others to snack on. Heaven! Ah...the memories
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I love ding dongs too! And I love how they're wrapping them in foil again as well!
I picked up a box of twinkies and cupcakes just a few days ago (on a buy on get one sale). It has been quite a while since having them. Although second and third on your list...they have hit the spot during this week's snacking. I've certainly had more than I should have!
seriously, I want to run to the grocery store (across the street) and get a box right now! YUM! You can guess what we will be getting tomorrow.
I love this new background, the owl is SOO cute! Also, I sent you an email, but here is a link for you (if you care)
http://stacysbigpicture.typepad.com/altogether_too_happy/2009/01/a-simple-goodbye.html
Yum! My mom also would get treats from the day old bakery and we always had a drawer full of Hostess snacks. Brings back memories for me too :)
I couldn't agree more about the Ding-Dongs. We always ate them when we were camping and I loved them! I don't think they sell them in VA because I have never been able to find them. I have a hard time finding Twinkies too, who doesn't sell Twinkies?!
Speaking of yummy childhood memories, I had some cinnamon bears at a friend's house the other day and they were SO delicious! I haven't had one of those in years and it totally hit the spot. Come to find out, her mom sent them to her because they also don't sell those in VA!
I guess the moral of this story is, don't move to VA. :)
speaking of cinnamon bears, I had to have my mom-in-law send me some chocolate covered ones in IA b/c I couldn't find them...they were well worth it though!
Post a Comment