Oh, how Pinterest holds my fancy! I saw this super cute skirt several months ago and was itching to try it. Combine that idea with some super cute ruffle fabric I found for a good price and we have an attempt on our hands!!
I started with my fun fabric. I'd ordered it online and when it came, it turned out to be a little on the thin side, so I got some jersey knit to back it with. In the process I think that may have complicated things a bit, but overall it turned out great!Of course, I had my little "helper". She was helping by entertaining herself with the cars :)!
Next came following the directions. I do have a skirt that I love the fit so I used that one. It's a very different fabric and even thought I reminded myself several times, I forgot to leave a seam allowance while I was cutting. (DUH!). It worked out okay, though.
Cut skirt, all ready to go. Layered and pinned. One seam up the back, elastic at the top and I hemmed the bottom of the underskirt because I'm terrible at cutting; and you get:
Note the "helper" right in the camera's view. She says "CHEEEEEEEESE" from the time you pull the camera out until you have your finger on the shutter button. Then, often before you have actually finished taking the picture, she says "Can I see?". It's an automatic response. Crazy kid.
It is cute with my new boots (Jon got for my bday), but I'm thinking I need some black or nude peep toes... Shoot. I'll have to go shopping...
Don't mind my
Woohoo for fun, quick projects!!
Tada!!! YAY!
4 comments:
CUUUUTE!! Love the material!
fun!! make me one. ;)
That is cute!
I think it turned out SO cute! I love it! You are so talented...seriously!
Post a Comment