And, other assorted activities :). First off, Easter. I took a surprise visit to see my dad over Easter weekend, but the Bunny didn't forget to stop at my house....
Julianne fell in love with this basket and considering we found it at the dollar store, it's relatively sturdy....
The bunny brought each of the kids an outside chair. Since they hold over 100 lbs, I feel (hope) they will last a while.
Mason and Brooklyn are in full-swing soccer. Unfortunately, I've only made it to two games (both Brooklyn's) but the season is young.
THEN...we had the big birthday! I can't believe she's 3! Julianne was born in Las Vegas, just after we'd moved into our first house. My dear sister came to help me out (thanks to having c-sections, I am slightly immobile for the first little while). She loved loving on us and we all loved our new little bundle. Now, that bundle is 3 and acting more grown up everyday. Not a day goes by that we don't discuss when Jeffrey or Erica is going to come visiting again; when we can all go to Missouri, or Grandpa Ken's; or whether or not we should buy Jeffrey this or that (Jeffrey is Julianne's cousin that is exactly 7 days younger than her. She is attached). Just before her birthday, we were waiting for Mason to go into school and one of the Grandmas that was waiting with us asked if she would be 4 on her birthday. She was shocked when we said 3. Yes, Julianne acts that grown-up sometimes.....
Here is Jon's latest masterpiece. Depending on when you asked her she wavered between Elmo and Mickey. Apparently, Mickey won out. It was a tasty white cake and we have thoroughly enjoyed it. Good thing Jon was off on Monday (I traveled home that day) so he could put this baby together :).
Complete with "characters" around the outside per Julianne's request.
We have timing trouble, if you can't tell. She was excited about it, though. And, note her "new" Drake shirt. Lucky for her we had a second one that was a little bigger. When she grows out of this one, I have no idea what we'll do....
"CHEESE!"
Candle blowing was fun, it took all of Mason's self-restraint to not "help" her. She was having a good time, though. We did cake and presents after Brooklyn's soccer game and Grandma Hibshman got to join us thanks to Skype. Last, but not least, the birthday balloons. A tradition has been born. Everyone needs balloons on their birthday, right? Unfortunately, not all of Julianne's birthday was peachy keen. That morning she woke up all congested and a little out of sorts (and has been for the last three days). I have resisted a Dr. run since we'll be there tomorrow for her well-child, but never fear, I'm sure I'll go a dozen more times in the next month.
Before I went to Utah, I meant to blog and tease you all about the fabulous weather we were having. That weather has since left us in the dust, but it was wonderful while it lasted. A week of temps in the 70's and 2 weeks in the 80's, we were all content to be outside all afternoon.
Cheeser for Grandpa Ken. Proud of myself for thinking it, I took all these pictures of the kids intending to take a CD of pics to my Dad. The CD was made and taken, but when I got there, the only pictures on it were from Christmas! GRRR... Oh well, this picture is still cute.
This was the Sunday before Easter. At my house, we were running through the sprinklers. In Utah, they were enjoying a snow storm. What weird weather!
YAY for summer. Sadly, it has cooled off significantly and we're looking toward a weekend of thunderstorms. Those are fun in their own way, though so it's okay.
Life chugs along. I'll try to do better about the whole-blogging thing, but knowing myself; I won't make any promises. We're looking forward to more visits from Grandpa and Grandma Hibshman and dear friends. Plus, Brooklyn will be 8 next month (holy crap, I may have a panic attack...)! Happy Spring!!
2 comments:
So fun! Julianne is looking so old.
Your kids are all looking so old!
Glad the Easter Bunny made it without you there :)
It was good to have lunch with you while you were here!
Post a Comment